Incoming freshmen with exceptional academic backgrounds will be considered (by invitation only) for the Honors Program prior to matriculation at Kettering University. The Honors Program provides additional opportunities and enhanced learning experiences beyond the normal Kettering curriculum. Students who graduate as an Honors Program student in good standing will have this designation placed on their official transcripts and diplomas. For additional information, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-762-7865.
- Be accepted to Kettering University, receive an Honors Program invitation from the Provost Office, and submit a Statement of Intent to email@example.com
- Earn a minimum of 15 credits per term, with possible exceptions senior year
- Complete an enhanced learning experience for two courses each term
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 (students may have a 3.0 at the end of their first year after matriculation but must maintain a 3.5 GPA thereafter)
- Complete a minimum of 161 credit hours
Honors Program Engagement
Honors Program students benefit from additional engagement with faculty members in the completion of enhanced learning experiences each academic term; in select classes designated specifically for Honors Program students; and with an especially talented and motivated peer group.
Students have the option to pursue an Undergraduate Research Assistant position with a faculty member, usually following freshman year. Once a mutually-agreeable arrangement is made with a faculty member, the student may work for up to eight hours a week (for one academic year maximum) during academic terms and be paid through the Office of the Provost.
Early Admission into the Accelerated Masters Option
Honors Program students are accepted into the Accelerated Masters Option if they choose to pursue that option. Program prerequisite requirements will apply. With proper advising, students can complete a masters degree within a year of finishing their undergraduate coursework.
Notice of honors designation appears on students' Kettering University transcripts and diplomas, and students will be recognized at Commencement.