Academic Catalog

Student Records

The Office of the Registrar maintains the students’ permanent academic record, including course registrations, enrollment status and the official transcript. The Registrar’s Office is the point of contact for any required enrollment and degree certifications. As such, it is important that students keep the office current with their permanent mailing address so these services can be provided.

Note: The Registrar’s Office will not discuss the student record with any third party without a written consent from the student.

Address, Phone, and Name Changes

Changes in addresses or phone numbers should be made by the student through Banner Self Service

In order to process a name change, a copy of a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license and either a marriage license, a Social Security card, or a court order that reflects the new name are necessary. Name changes must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.

Permanent Academic Records

All information, applications, correspondence, etc., involved in admitting and processing the active progress of an admitted student are maintained for five years after the student has last been an active degree-seeking student. After five years, only the student’s attendance dates, academic performance, corporate affiliate, and degree awarded are kept as a permanent record.


A student’s official academic record is maintained by the Registrar’s Office at Kettering University and is normally reflected through a transcript. All requests for transcripts must be submitted through the National Student Clearinghouse.  Transcripts are $2.90 for domestic mailing or pickup and $3.90 for electronic delivery. Official transcripts will not be issued to students who fail to meet their financial obligations or agreements with Kettering University. Unofficial transcripts are available on Banner Self Service.

Official transcripts from other institutions are not reissued or copied for distribution. If needed, they must be obtained directly from the issuing institution.