Second Master's Degree
Pursuing a Second Master's Degree
Graduates of Kettering University’s MS and MBA programs are encouraged to pursue a second master's degree subject to the following policies.
- Students pursue a single master's degree at a time. Students desiring a second master's degree must complete the application.
- To earn a second master's degree, students must complete all degree requirements for the degree. In so doing, students must complete additional credit hours equal to a minimum of 40% of the second degree’s requirements:
- For MBA (or MS) graduates pursuing a 10 course MS degree – minimum of four additional courses (16 credits).
- For MS graduates pursuing a 10 course MBA degree – minimum of four additional courses (16 credits).
- In order to gain maximum advantage from prior course work, graduates must apply for their second master’s degree within three years of graduating from their first degree program. The admission committee will review applications beyond the three-year time limit to establish the relevancy of their course work. Students in this case may be required to complete more than 40% of the second degree’s requirements.
- Students may request to transfer in a maximum of eight credits to Kettering University for use in their graduate studies. Pursuit of a second master’s degree does not raise this limit. Transfer credit is only considered for courses with a grade of B or better.